Northwestern defeated No. 1 Purdue in overtime, with Boo Buie scoring seven of his 31 points in OT to secure the win. Buie also had nine assists and four rebounds. The victory marks the second consecutive season that Northwestern has beaten a No. 1 ranked team, making them the seventh program since 2010-11 to achieve this feat. Zach Edey had a standout performance for Purdue with 35 points and 14 rebounds, but it wasn't enough to secure the win.
This win is significant for Northwestern as it provides a confidence boost and enhances their chances for an NCAA Tournament berth later in the season.
- Boo Buie scored 31 points, had nine assists, and four rebounds.
- Zach Edey had 35 points and 14 rebounds.
- Northwestern has beaten a No. 1 ranked team for the second consecutive season.
- Purdue outrebounded Northwestern 52-27.
Despite Zach Edey's impressive performance, Purdue was unable to secure the victory against Northwestern.
- Northwestern won the game in overtime, with Boo Buie and Ty Berry making key plays.
- This victory boosts Northwestern's confidence and enhances their chances for an NCAA Tournament berth.
Northwestern's win over No. 1 ranked Purdue in overtime showcases their resilience and strengthens their position in the Big Ten conference.
The summary of the linked article was generated with the assistance of artificial intelligence technology from OpenAI