Miami Hurricanes basketball will face off against the Notre Dame Fighting Irish in their ACC opener. Miami is looking to bounce back from a loss to Kentucky, while Notre Dame lost to South Carolina in their last game.
This game marks the start of the ACC conference play for both teams, setting the tone for their season in one of the most competitive basketball conferences in the country.
- Miami holds an 8-11 record in ACC openers since joining the league in 2004.
- Miami is ranked #8 in the AP Top 25 poll, marking their 18th consecutive week in the top 25.
- Notre Dame has a 15-13 advantage in the all-time series against Miami.
- Miami has multiple players averaging at least 15 points and five rebounds while shooting 50% from the field.
- Miami ranks second in the nation in 3-point shooting percentage, shooting 43.1% from beyond the arc.
- Miami is coming off a loss to Kentucky and will look to regroup and bounce back against Notre Dame.
- Notre Dame is also looking to recover from a loss in their ACC/SEC game against South Carolina.
The ACC opener between Miami and Notre Dame is a crucial game for both teams as they aim to start their conference play on a positive note and make an early statement in the highly competitive ACC.
The summary of the linked article was generated with the assistance of artificial intelligence technology from OpenAI