The Miami basketball team defeated Notre Dame 62-49 in their ACC opener. Miami took the lead in the first half and never trailed for the rest of the game. The Hurricanes improved to 6-1, while Notre Dame dropped to 3-4.
This victory marks a strong start for Miami in ACC play and showcases their defensive prowess, holding Notre Dame to their lowest scoring game of the season.
- Miami's Matthew Cleveland led the team with 14 points
- Miami's Norchad Omier and Nijel Pack each scored 13 points
- Notre Dame's J.R. Konieczny led their team with 14 points
- Miami had a 16-0 advantage in fast break points
- Notre Dame shot 28.6 percent from the floor and 6-32 on three-point attempts
- Miami is now 6-1 and off to a strong start in ACC play
- Notre Dame is 3-4 following their loss to Miami
- Miami will not resume ACC play until they face Clemson on January 3
- The next big test for Miami is a non-conference game against Colorado on December 9
Miami's victory over Notre Dame in their ACC opener showcases their strong defensive performance and sets them up for success in conference play.
The summary of the linked article was generated with the assistance of artificial intelligence technology from OpenAI