Northwestern's Boo Buie led his team to victory against No. 1 Purdue, scoring seven of his 31 points in overtime to secure the win. Buie also had nine assists and no turnovers, rallying Northwestern from an eight-point halftime deficit. This marks the second consecutive season that Northwestern has beaten Purdue.
This victory is a significant confidence boost for Northwestern and could enhance their chances of securing a spot in the NCAA Tournament later in the season.
- Buie scored 31 points.
- Purdue's Zach Edey had 35 points, 14 rebounds, and three blocked shots.
- Northwestern committed three turnovers, while Purdue committed 17.
- Northwestern became the seventh program since 2010-11 to beat a No. 1 ranked team in consecutive seasons.
- This win puts Northwestern at 6-1 for the season, with their first conference victory.
- Purdue's record is now 7-1, with their first conference loss.
Northwestern's victory against No. 1 Purdue is a significant accomplishment and could have implications for their postseason prospects.
The summary of the linked article was generated with the assistance of artificial intelligence technology from OpenAI