Houston has hired Tulane coach Willie Fritz as their new head coach, replacing Dana Holgorsen, who was fired after a 4-8 season. Fritz, who led Tulane to a 11-2 record this season, is known for his success in developing student-athletes and has a career record of 208-116 as a head coach. The hire comes as Houston looks to make strides in the Big 12 Conference.
Houston's decision to hire Willie Fritz showcases their commitment to turning their football program around and competing in the Big 12 Conference. Fritz's track record of success and development of student-athletes provides optimism for a stronger future for the Cougars.
- Willie Fritz has a career record of 208-116 as a head coach.
- Fritz led Tulane to a 12-2 record and a Cotton Bowl victory in the 2020 season.
- Tulane finished at No. 9 in the AP Top 25 poll last season, their first top-10 ranking since 1998.
- Willie Fritz has been hired as the new head coach of the Houston football program.
- He replaces Dana Holgorsen, who was fired after a 4-8 season.
- Fritz has been successful in developing Tulane into a competitive program in the AAC.
- Houston is looking to improve their standing in the Big 12 Conference.
Houston's hiring of Willie Fritz as their new head coach signals their commitment to building a successful football program in the Big 12 Conference. Fritz's track record and success at Tulane provide optimism for the future of the Cougars.
The summary of the linked article was generated with the assistance of artificial intelligence technology from OpenAI