The Philadelphia Phillies are aiming to enhance their pitching unit and acquire valuable bench players before the upcoming season. However, they are also reportedly interested in trading for four-time All-Star closer Kenley Jansen, who had a successful season with the Boston Red Sox. Jansen, at 35 years old, appeared in 51 games, securing 29 saves with a 3.63 ERA. Although it may be challenging to acquire Jansen without giving up prospects or substantial contributors, it presents an opportunity for the Phillies to strengthen their bullpen, which struggled in the NLCS.By the Numbers
- Jansen recorded 29 saves and had a 3.63 ERA in 51 games
- Jansen's career ERA is 2.52, with an ERA+ of 157
- The Phillies are aiming to bolster their pitching unit and acquire valuable bench players
- Jansen, with a successful season, is available for acquisition
- There may be challenges in acquiring Jansen without giving up prospects or substantial contributors
The Philadelphia Phillies are targeting four-time All-Star closer Kenley Jansen to strengthen their bullpen and improve their competitiveness in the upcoming season, with the challenge of doing so without compromising their future prospects or contributors.
The summary of the linked article was generated with the assistance of artificial intelligence technology from OpenAI