The off-season discussion about the New England Patriots centers around the state of the roster and the potential need for a full rebuild before acquiring a quarterback, potentially with the No. 3 overall pick. An analysis ranks the 45 Patriots players under contract, considering their value in terms of contract, age, position, and future potential, rather than just their performance in 2023.By the Numbers
- Christian Gonzalez was in Tier 1 with just four career NFL games, highlighting his potential value.
- Christian Barmore, with an impressive 8 1/2 sacks, was in Tier 2, set for a significant payday and a boost in salary-cap space.
- Matthew Judon, recovering from an injury, and Demario Douglas, the team’s top wide receiver, were among the Tier 3 players.
- A group of players, including aging veterans and starters for the next couple of years, were deemed Tier 4, with Mac Jones likely drawing a fifth-round pick in a trade.
- More than half of the active roster players under contract in 2024 fell into Tier 5 as replacement-level or below-average players.
The analysis offers insights into the Patriots’ roster and the varying levels of value each player holds, raising questions about the team's future moves and potential strategies for the upcoming season.
The summary of the linked article was generated with the assistance of artificial intelligence technology from OpenAI