Spencer Dinwiddie chose to join the Los Angeles Lakers over the Dallas Mavericks because he sees the Lakers as a franchise that understands how to win. After his first practice with the team, Dinwiddie explained that returning to the Mavericks would have felt like the path of least resistance, whereas the Lakers are akin to pushing him to fight until he wins.By the Numbers
- Spencer Dinwiddie had $1.55 million remaining for a non-tax midlevel exception to sign with the Lakers.
- He is 30 years old and has played with several members of the Lakers in previous teams.
- Lakers head coach Darvin Ham expressed his intention to play Dinwiddie immediately and conducted an individual film session with him.
- Dinwiddie's first opportunity to play will be on Tuesday when the Lakers face the Detroit Pistons.
- He is joining the Lakers amidst a period of multiple injuries within the team.
Spencer Dinwiddie is expected to acclimate to the Lakers soon and is available to play in the upcoming game against the Detroit Pistons. His addition comes at a time when the team is grappling with a series of injuries.Bottom Line
Spencer Dinwiddie's decision to join the Lakers underscores his belief in the team's ability to win, making him an important addition amidst a challenging period of injuries, as the team seeks to maintain its competitive edge.
The summary of the linked article was generated with the assistance of artificial intelligence technology from OpenAI