England's Ben Stokes considers reaching 100 Test matches as "just a number," emphasizing the equal importance of each match. The all-rounder, known for his historic feats in English cricket, will lead the team in his 100th Test against India. Stokes, who made his Test debut in 2013, has had a significant impact, including hitting a record 128 sixes in Test cricket. He is also close to joining the elite club of players with 6,000 runs and 200 wickets.By the Numbers
- Ben Stokes has hit a record 128 sixes in Test cricket.
- He has 6,251 Test runs and 197 wickets, nearing the milestone of 6,000 runs and 200 wickets.
- Stokes will lead England in the upcoming third Test against India in Rajkot, with the series tied at 1-1.
- He has been hampered by a chronic knee injury but is aiming to play a full role as an all-rounder in the home summer.
- England named a 12-man squad for the third Test, with pace bowler Mark Wood added to the XI.
Ben Stokes' upcoming 100th Test milestone and his remarkable cricketing achievements signify his significant impact on the sport, with his leadership pivotal in the current series against India.
The summary of the linked article was generated with the assistance of artificial intelligence technology from OpenAI