Rookie forward Jakob Pelletier sustained an upper-body injury after a hit from New York Rangers defenseman Jacob Trouba. Pelletier had previously been on injured reserve due to a shoulder injury and has only played in eight games this season, split between the AHL and NHL. He has scored three points in the AHL and one in the NHL.By the Numbers
- Pelletier has played 8 games this season: 4 in the AHL and 4 in the NHL.
- He has scored 3 points in the AHL and 1 point in the NHL on the year.
- Kaiden Guhle is expected to make his return to the lineup on Tuesday.
- Matt Rempe has been sent down by the New York Rangers after being recalled to the NHL roster for a few days.
- Alexander Romanov has returned to full participation in the New York Islanders' practices.
The summary of the linked article was generated with the assistance of artificial intelligence technology from OpenAI