Philadelphia Eagles player Haason Reddick clarified on social media that he has not requested a trade, expressing his desire to negotiate a new deal with the team as he enters the final year of his contract. This statement follows a report from the NFL Network indicating that the Eagles have permitted Reddick and his representatives to explore trade options. It's possible that both claims are accurate – Reddick seeking a fair-market extension and the Eagles assessing the market for his services. Reddick's performance in the past seasons showcases his value, having achieved impressive statistics and accolades, making him a sought-after edge rusher in the NFL.By the Numbers
- In 2022, Haason Reddick recorded 16 sacks and five forced fumbles, earning second-team All Pro honors.
- He became the first player in NFL history to achieve double-digit sacks in three consecutive years with three different teams.
- Despite defensive turmoil, Reddick finished the season with 11 sacks, 13 tackles for loss, and 23 quarterback hits.
- Haason Reddick clarified on social media that he has not requested a trade and aims to negotiate a new deal with the Eagles.
- The NFL Network reported that the Eagles have granted permission for Reddick and his representatives to seek a trade.
- Reddick's performance over the past seasons has established him as a valuable edge rusher in the NFL.
Haason Reddick has refuted reports of seeking a trade, emphasizing his willingness to work out a new deal with the Philadelphia Eagles. His superior performance on the field solidifies his status as a coveted edge rusher in the NFL, making him a valuable asset for potential trade negotiations or contract extensions.
The summary of the linked article was generated with the assistance of artificial intelligence technology from OpenAI