The University of Iowa men’s basketball team will face Maryland at the Xfinity Center in College Park, Maryland on Wednesday, February 14 at 7:30 p.m. (CT). The Hawkeyes arrive at the contest with a 14-10 season record, while Maryland stands at 13-11 for the season. Iowa has scored at least 84 points in 14 games and is one of the nation’s top offensive teams.By the Numbers
- Iowa: 14-10 season record
- Maryland: 13-11 for the season
- Iowa has scored at least 84 points in 14 games
- Top offensive team: Averaging 84.2 points in 24 games, second in the Big Ten and ranking 15th nationally
- Iowa heads to the East Coast to face Maryland on Wednesday, Feb. 14, with an impressive offensive record and victories in their last two meetings against Maryland.
- Senior Tony Perkins leads Iowa with 375+ points, 100+ assists, 100+ rebounds and 40+ steals, making him the only player in the Big Ten and one of six nationally with such stats.
- Iowa's head coach, Fran McCaffery, is the winningest coach in program history, having won 275 career games, including 132 Big Ten victories.
Iowa's high-octane offense faces Maryland's strong defense on Wednesday, promising an exciting matchup.Bottom Line
The University of Iowa brings a formidable offensive force against Maryland's staunch defense, setting the stage for an intense showdown on Wednesday.
The summary of the linked article was generated with the assistance of artificial intelligence technology from OpenAI