Casey Mize, the top overall pick from the 2018 MLB Draft, is finally ready to return to the Tigers' lineup after undergoing Tommy John and back surgeries in 2022. Mize, who completed the final steps of his rehab process early in the offseason, has expressed his eagerness to compete and play, emphasizing a new perspective on focusing day by day. He has not been informed of the Tigers' plan for him yet but is prepared to adhere to any limitations and is open to a potential piggybacking approach to ramp up slowly. Mize believes his game has evolved during his time on hold and anticipates showcasing different pitch mixes and mechanical adjustments, potentially making him even better than before.By the Numbers
- Mize has 39 career Major League starts and 66 for his pro career.
- None since undergoing Tommy John and back surgeries in the summer of 2022.
- Casey Mize is ready to return to the Tigers' lineup after completing his rehab process.
- The Tigers have not yet discussed their plan for Mize, but there may be some limitations, with the option of piggybacking him with another starter early in the season.
- Mize believes his game has evolved during his time on hold and anticipates showcasing different pitch mixes and mechanical adjustments.
The summary of the linked article was generated with the assistance of artificial intelligence technology from OpenAI