In the NHL this week, Torey Krug's five-assist performance propelled the St. Louis Blues to a 7-2 win over the Montreal Canadiens, marking the most points by a Blues player in franchise history. Meanwhile, the Ottawa Senators defeated the Toronto Maple Leafs 5-3, but a late game dust-up ensued after a controversial empty-netter. Panthers also secured a shutout victory against the Avalanche, showcasing their resurgence after last season's surge to the Stanley Cup Final.By the Numbers
- Torey Krug's five assists set a franchise record for the St. Louis Blues.
- The Ottawa Senators secured a 5-3 victory against the Toronto Maple Leafs.
- Morgan Rielly has an in-person hearing with the NHL scheduled for Tuesday in relation to the hit on Ridly Greig.
- The St. Louis Blues are currently the No. 2 Wild Card team in the Western Conference, climbing back into the playoff picture.
- Morgan Rielly's hit and ensuing brawl have sparked controversy and raised questions about potential suspension.
- The Florida Panthers displayed their resurgence by securing a shutout victory against the Avalanche.
The summary of the linked article was generated with the assistance of artificial intelligence technology from OpenAI