Cameron Brink and Kiki Iriafen have been named to the 2024 Naismith Women's College Player of the Year Midseason Team. Brink, who has already appeared on the preseason watch list, is a standout player, leading the country in various statistics such as points, rebounds, and blocks per game. On the other hand, Iriafen, who was not initially on the list, has proven herself with an exceptional performance this season, making a significant impact on the team. Both players continue to excel in their respective roles, contributing to their team's success.By the Numbers
- Brink is first nationally in blocks per game (3.58), sixth in rebounds per game (11.8), 10th in double-doubles (14), and first in player efficiency rating (50.7).
- In her last six games, Brink has averaged 21.0 points, 15.0 rebounds, and 4.7 blocks per game.
- Brink has 383 career rejections and is on track to become the 17th Division I player with 400 career rejections.
- Brink is currently sixth in the NCAA this season in free throw percentage at 91.7 percent.
- Iriafen is one of 10 players in the country averaging 18+ and 10+ rebounds per game this season.
- Iriafen is averaging 20.9 points and 12.4 rebounds in the last 10 games and is excelling against the AP Top 25 teams.
- Iriafen has shown remarkable improvement, significantly increasing her scoring and rebounding averages from the previous season.
- Cameron Brink and Kiki Iriafen have been recognized for their outstanding performance by being named to the 2024 Naismith Women's College Player of the Year Midseason Team.
- Both players have showcased exceptional skills and have significantly impacted their team's success.
- Stanford's women's basketball team, currently ranked No. 3, is preparing to face California at home this weekend.
The summary of the linked article was generated with the assistance of artificial intelligence technology from OpenAI