Texas Tech secures a dominant 79-50 victory over Kansas, with Darrion Williams achieving a flawless performance and coach Bill Self getting ejected for the first time in Kansas' AP Poll era history. Williams, a Nevada transfer, scored 30 points on a perfect 12-of-12 shooting, making history with his impeccable shooting against a ranked opponent.By the Numbers
- 33rd time this season that an AP top-10 team lost on the road to an unranked opponent
- Williams' 12 field goals without a miss were the most against a ranked opponent in AP Poll history
- Texas Tech's 29-point victory marks a significant achievement.
- Kansas' coach, Bill Self, was ejected for the first time in the program's history.
- Unranked Big 12 teams are 9-3 at home against top-10 teams this season.
Darrion Williams' historic flawless performance and Bill Self's unprecedented ejection mark a significant turning point in Texas Tech's victory over Kansas, underscoring the unpredictable nature of college basketball and the remarkable achievements of individual players.
The summary of the linked article was generated with the assistance of artificial intelligence technology from OpenAI